[CUBE] partition math

Hal kastegir at mac.com
Sat Feb 22 18:16:48 PST 2003

I agree with the number of partitions, but not the order. I have OS
9.2.2 on my first partition and OSX on the second. The reason for that,
is that if I need to boot to OSX (and am having a problem) I can hold
down the 'X' key and it'll boot from my OSX partition. There is no key
to make it boot into OS9 in that way, but holding down the 'D' key
forces it to boot from the first partition on the drive, so I get OS9.
I only use OS9 very rarely, and that OS9 partition is an emergency boot
volume with disk utilities It's like 800MB and has no other 3rd party
software on it. The OS9 folder I use for classic is on my OSX volume...

I have the other partitions set up for documents and data backups from
my laptops.

Hope that helps.

-Hal