Adjusting brightness on Apple Studio Display CRT

Anthony Kulesa tmandesign at mac.com
Sun Feb 23 19:34:56 PST 2003

The cube I recently purchased came with an Apple Studio Display (CRT).
Unfortunately, the display is not as bright as I need it to be. There
is no external adjustment on the display itself, and System Preferences
(10.2.4) shows only a "Contrast" setting, not brightness. I have
recalibrated and run Color Sync, but cannot seem to get a brighter
setting. When I calibrate the display it flashes through several blank
screens and I can see that the display has the ability to be brighter,
so it's probably not a "weak tube" hardware problem. Anyone have any
ideas about this? Thanks in advance.