[CUBE] [Cube] Disappearing Sound Followup

Erik Ableson eableson at mac.com
Wed Feb 26 02:21:58 PST 2003

Something to test out if you're having this problem.  Mine decided to
go out again this morning, so rather than use the mouse to select
restart, I remembered that there was some keyboard shortcut that worked
even on the Pro keyboards without the power button.  I obviously got it
wrong with Command-Option-Eject which appears to be the sleep command.
However, what was interesting was that it went to sleep and then
immediately woke back up again (without any intervention on my part)
with the audio working.

Now I've tried putting the machine to sleep and waking it up to solve
the problem other times but that was pre-10.2.4 so I'm not sure if
that's a factor or whether the method of requesting the sleep mode
makes a difference as well.

I do know that with my powerbook, if it's asleep, adding or removing a
USB device will wake it up, so I'm wondering if somehow the Cube is
'losing' the connection to the USB speakers, but the sleep mode device
check finds it again?

Even more confused (but happy my audio's running again)

Erik