[CUBE] Apple Mail

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Fri Feb 28 14:21:35 PST 2003

> going on while they are trying to read/check their mail?
> I have 2 mailboxes-1 for work w/1500 or so old e-mails and the Cube
> mail box with about 5000 e-mails.
> I have rebuilt mailboxes in an attempt to slow these processes down
> but to no avail.
> Previously used Eudora, which did not seem as fastidious.

It happens occasionally, but not excessively. I did have a problem when
i configured my IMAP account so that it would check for new mail sooner
than the initail indexing of the IMAP folders finished, it kind of
choked on that, started all kinds of indexing tasks that eventually
slowed to a crawl. I raised the period between mail checks and it seems
it helped.
I have another problem. On my Cube and on my bosses mac which had its
OS X upgraded for a couple of times there is "On My Mac" mailbox in
each folder (In, Out, Sent, Drafts...). On my Powerbook with a fresh
10.2 install i have a group "On My Mac" containing several mailboxes.
When we deleted mail settings on other Powerbook we got the same thing.
How do I get single "On My Mac" folder and not having it as a separate
mailbox in each existing folder without such drastic measures like
deleting the Mail config?