[CUBE] We NEED Slotload SuperDrives NOW!

John T. Folden nedloftj at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 20:31:58 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 07:58 PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> OK. My bad. But I honestly believe that not many Cube owners want
> Combo drives. Maybe I'm wrong. It only costs about $130 to have an
> external 40x12x48x CD-RW in a 1394 box. I can't see many paying twice
> as much just to have a much slower one inside. I don't see the
> economic motivation for much of a market.

ummm, actually, I wouldn't mind a combo drive at all... My cube has the
internal
cdrw (which I prefer over external) and since the DVD Player only works
with
internal drives, a combo drive is the only way to go...  I do however
think that
the internal SuperDrives that might fit the cube are too slow at
burning DVD's
compared to what they might cost right now so...no rush.

> I'm not trying to discourage anyone from doing anything. I'm simply
> providing my point of view. I guess I am just too obnoxious for some
> of you. I like to deliver my opinion with a lot of panache. Too much
> panache I guess. My apologies to those I have offended.

I don't think 'panache' includes speaking for others, though.  :-)

John