[CUBE] Combo vs. Super...

John T. Folden nedloftj at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 23:05:59 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 02:01 AM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> No John I can't. The Combo may have even been standard on the 500 MHz
> model near the end of life. Apple was putting Combos in almost
> everything by then.

No, that's not the case.  My 500 BTO from Apple is one of the last
shipped
and it's a standard CD-RW.  As well, a trip to the Internet Archive and
looking
back at the Apple.com site during early 2001 produces not even one
mention.

Likewise I don't recall a Combo drive being an option on my $3000
PM G4 733 Purchased March 31st of that year.

John