[CUBE] Combo vs. Super...

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Wed Jan 8 23:09:17 PST 2003

OK John. You win. My bad. I just found this over at xlr8.com

Reviewer's Name: Rob Nowicki
  Date Submitted: 12/24/2002
   Drive Type: Combo DVD-CDR
  Drive Interface: IDE
  Drive Brand: Matshita
  Drive Model Number: CW-8121  (8x8x24 + 8x DVD ROM)
   Driver Used: Apple Standard
  Mac Model: Apple G4 CUBE
   Mac OS Version: OS X
   Reader Comments: The drive is sold here in Japan under the name brand
"Taxan". The model name on the box is "iCOMBS". This model is intended
to be a drop-in replacement for slot-loading iMacs. As it turns out, it
is also a perfect fit in a Cube with no modifications or extra drivers
needed.

  Bootable = yes
  MaxOS 9.2.2 disc burning = yes
  MaxOS 10.2.2 disc burning = yes
  Toast 5.2 = yes
  Apple DVD player = yes

Mike Comments: This is the same slotted combo drive used in the
PowerBook G4. The Cube has a 44pin adapter standard.

That better?