Apple Hardware Test

Sensei (Eliezer Navarsky) sapir131 at zahav.net.il
Fri Jan 10 00:56:59 PST 2003

Hi everybody,

I am the happy owner of (amongst others) a G4 Cube. I haven't had any
problems with it to date.

Unfortunately, lately I have had some problems with it... It seems as
if the USB bus goes occasionally deaf...

I have tested it under Mac OS 9 and under Mac OS X 10.2.3. It is
definitely NOT a software problem. The obvious solution is to check the
keyboard/mouse. Did that on another machine... No problem manifested
itself...

The prime suspect at this time is the Cube itself (or rather, its USB
bus).

While searching Apple's site I came upon multiple references regarding
an "Apple Hardware Test" application which supposedly was shipped on a
bootable CD as part of the original package. I am the original
purchaser and I double checked - no such CD came with my machine... Nor
is it part of the system disk or the restore disk... Perhaps it was
added later (I was one of the early adopters) or perhaps our local
importer saw fit to remove it... Suspiciously they claim to have no
knowledge of such a CD and want me to bring in the Cube (100 Mile
roundtrip + 60$ minimum charge)...

What I am looking for is a fellow Cube owner (as the Apple Hardware
Test is model specific) who has that CD and who also has a broadband
(cable/aDSL or better) connection so that I can copy it from him/her
over the web...

That will enable me to burn such a CD of my own and to run a hardware
check.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sensei