[CUBE] PL upgrade (Was: Feedback from GigaDesigns!)

James Knight j.knight at kb-group.co.uk
Wed Jan 15 01:58:25 PST 2003

Robert

What do you mean by 'the sleep issues appear to be related to the kernel'?
This would imply that the coma problem is related to a particular version of
the OS. There have certainly been other wake-from-sleep failures on all
kinds of Macs which *have* been related to an OS version though most if not
all of these have been fixed by incremental OS upgrades.

However the coma issue which is of concern to many PL-upgrade owners is the
one which causes the Mac to fail to wake up, ever, under any version of the
OS (9 or X) when a PL upgrade is installed. The same Mac will wake fine when
the PL card is not installed.

For the record I am otherwise extremely impressed by your product which has
given my Cube a new lease of life and I will be purchasing further PL
upgrades for other Macs just as soon as the coma issue has been resolved.

Thanks

James

--
James Knight