[CUBE] PL upgrade

Robert Jagitsch robertj at powerlogix.com
Wed Jan 15 08:20:30 PST 2003

>So here's what we know: some stock Apple machines have sleep problems. Some
>PL upgraded machines have sleep problems. Some machines have no problems
>with the Apple proc, but as soon as the PL card is installed, problems
>occur.  We still don't know why on either count, but it's clear there's
>something "off" because it's hard to blame Apple for a problem that only
>exists in some machines when a PL card is installed and it's hard to believe
>it's a kernel issue, when the problem spans across multiple OS versions.

Actually you forgot one scenario: some PL upgraded machines have no
sleep problems whatsoever. The problem is, how does one pinpoint the
problem when it doesn't manifest itself in every instance? If there
was a definitive problem with our cards in terms of hardware, it
should occur every time. Yet it does not. That's what makes this such
a time consuming, frustrating engineering conundrum.

----
PowerLogix
8701 W. Parmer Lane, Suite 1120
Austin, TX 78729