[CUBE] PL upgrade

John Guy john.guy at btclick.com
Wed Jan 15 08:34:02 PST 2003

This may or may not be related, I have had problems in waking up my cube
numerous times....
Purely by empirical observation...

... if a previous system crash/error has occurred and I have NOT run Norton
and fixed permissions it can take up to ten mins to wake up, if indeed it
does wake up.
Conversely if Norton has been run (disk doctor) and fix permissions the cube
wakes up within 30 secs max.

Educated guess, when the cube is attempting to wake from sleep the OS would
look to access various files to refresh and update the screen, active memory
and any application and or data changes...if they are "broke" endless loop
of trying to access unable to access etc...

Also another thought, the wake up can linked to the user data i.e. enter
password on wakeup, if the user info is wrongly permissioned or the log file
or something else prevents access, then maybe that is another avenue to
explore

If the disk and or permissions are suspect then either way they would not
have access to, rights to, and/or the file/data location is corrupt or the
process the OS is trying to execute is not viable.

It has to be a fundamentally simple issue that creates a moebius style error

Just my 2 penith' worth

John Guy

Feel free to shoot these thoughts down in flames as long as you have a
better explanation.

I.e. Lets fix/identify the problem rather than argue who we should be
waggling our fingers at...

JG