[CUBE] I Pod Booting Help

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 18 13:19:46 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 12:45 PM, <jclark6 at cox.net> wrote:

> I received a Ipod for Christmas, I love it. I have looked for
> information on how to set it up to boot the Cube but have not found
> any I trusted. Could someone give a quick summary of how to do this.

Set it to allow FW mode so it shows up as a FW disk on your desktop
when plugged into your Cube. For some reason Apple made 10.2 so it
won't install on the iPod except as an upgrade. Install 10.1.x on the
iPod by selecting it as the destination drive. Then use the 10.2 CD to
do an Upgrade install. Then use the 10.2.3 Combo standalone installer
to update it to 10.2.3. You might then boot from it and run the
Software Update preference panel to make sure it's completely up to
date.

Bill