[CUBE] Firewire problems

Erik Ableson eableson at mac.com
Sun Jan 19 22:48:25 PST 2003

On thing to check for is whether it was dismounted properly.  If it
wasn't then you will be waiting on the system to do it's file system
check 'fsck' to verify that the drive is in good shape.  Once you've
turned the drive on, check try typing top -u in the terminal and see if
there's a process called fsck running. If there is, then let it run
it's course and see what happens.

Failing that, it may be time to get an RMA.  I had an external Maxtor
40 that had similar problems where it would work some of the time and
not others with no rhyme nor reason to the pattern.  Finally gave up
and had them replace it.

Cheers,

Erik