GeForce2 and DVD Player problem…

John H. Lincoln jhlincoln at mac.com
Wed Jan 22 06:38:43 PST 2003

Thanks to those who have replied with suggestions on my problems with
GeForce2 and DVD Player. Here's what I've learned:

First thing is this…
When I look in: MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleNDRV
I have two extensions for the GeForce2 card:
GeForce2MX.ndrv
and
GeForce2MX.ndrv.plist

Secondly…
When I look in: MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extensions
I find two other GeForce2 extensions:
GeForce2MX.kext
and
GeForce2MXGLDriver.bundle

Thirdly…
My AppleNDRV folder does, indeed, contain the following:
ATIDriverUpdate
ATIDriverUpdate.plist
chips65550.ndrv
a Contents Folder with "info.plist" and "version.plist" files inside
control.ndrv
GeForce2MX.ndrv
GeForce2MX.ndrv.plist

Finally…
I am running OSX v.10.2.3. And the version of DVD Player I have is
v.3.1.1. When I go to Apple's web site at
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120089> I learn that the
current version is also v.3.1.1. There is no mention of a version 3.2.

However, no matter which video card I have installed, I cannot launch
DVD Player v.3.1.1. (I was only able to view my DVD disk by booting into
OS 9.2.2, and running the OS-9 version (v.2.2.1) of the app… using the
Cube's stock video card, ATI Rage Pro).

Therefore…
I suspect that I need EITHER to re-install the OS X (v.10.2.3) version
of DVD Player – OR, install certain extensions, or preferences, to make
my version work.

Does this sound right? Does anyone know where these files are? I've got
all the OS X discs and updates, back to 10.0.But it would be easier to
download the necessary files.

Thanks…
for reading this far. If you can suggest a solution, or email the
missing files, I would be most grateful.

Yours,
John
--
Digitally Yours,