[CUBE] Formatting in external firewire drive

Sensei (Eliezer Navarsky) sapir131 at zahav.net.il
Sat Jan 25 14:16:41 PST 2003

Hi,

I have no direct experience with running a system on an external drive
(FireWire or otherwise).

Having said that, the limitation of installing Jag on a partition no
larger then 8 Gb located within the first 8 Gb of the disk is
applicable ONLY on old world G3's (i.e. Beige machines).

In addition, my own main machine has a 80 Gb disk formatted as a single
partition and I have had no problems with it. I have another Cube
(identical in all aspects) that has a 4 Gb disk formatted into several
partitions - I have had nothing but grief with it...

As usual, YMMV...