[CUBE] GSM & IrDA

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Jan 26 12:22:25 PST 2003

On Sunday, January 26, 2003, at 08:41 PM, Christian Leue wrote:

>>  I've taken a brief look at available GSM third party software on
>> Versiontracker, there are some interesting bits here (OnSync,
>> released today, GSM remote, SIM express).
>
> I licensed GSM Remote for use with my Siemens S35i phone. It is a
> totally stand-alone application that does not know about iCal or
> Address Book, so I just use it to edit and back up the phone's number
> list. SIM express is probably equally limited. OnSync promises, at
> least from the name, more. Will have a look at it.
>
> In any case, I will wait until I can have on my phone a full copy of
> the address book and calendar I maintain on my TiBook and which I
> "iSync" to my Cube and Palm and, some day, my mobile phone.

Well, if I send iCal or iCard file to my 715 it gets processed
correctly. Since iCal and Address Book both can export in these
formats, I'm just missing a very simple link here :) OnSync seems to
require manual configuration of the data format, it doesn't assume
vCard format because I suspect not many phones support this (standard!)
format.