[CUBE] GSM & IrDA

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sun Jan 26 12:44:48 PST 2003

> I've got an Ericsson-Sony Ti68 and then in my car I've got some
> Bluetoth
> Parrot thing installed. It's incredible: Whenever I enter the car and
> turn
> the key, this Parrot-gadget recognizes my phone (in my pocket), and
> after
> about two seconds it's ready to receive calls. It uses the stereo's
> speakers, and there's a mic sitting in front of me.  I don't have to
> turn on
> the stereo, and don't even have to mount it's front panel. In this way
> don't risk forgetting to plug in the phone before driving, and I don't
> risk
> forgetting to take the phone with me when I leave the car.

I don't think it is a good idea to talk on the phone while driving,
even when using hands free systems like the one you mention. I imagine
it is practical, but that just adds up to the total cost to make all
that bluetooth technology usable. I guess I'm just used to do certain
things manually. Technology often fails. :)