[CUBE] GSM & IrDA

Peer Bentzen peer.bentzen at tin.it
Sun Jan 26 13:00:47 PST 2003

On 26/01/03 21:44, "Riba" <riba at hi.hinet.hr> wrote:

>> I've got an Ericsson-Sony Ti68 and then in my car I've got some
>> Bluetoth
>> Parrot thing installed. It's incredible: Whenever I enter the car and
>> turn
>> the key, this Parrot-gadget recognizes my phone (in my pocket), and
>> after
>> about two seconds it's ready to receive calls. It uses the stereo's
>> speakers, and there's a mic sitting in front of me.  I don't have to
>> turn on
>> the stereo, and don't even have to mount it's front panel. In this way
>> don't risk forgetting to plug in the phone before driving, and I don't
>> risk
>> forgetting to take the phone with me when I leave the car.
>
> I don't think it is a good idea to talk on the phone while driving,
> even when using hands free systems like the one you mention. I imagine
> it is practical, but that just adds up to the total cost to make all
> that bluetooth technology usable. I guess I'm just used to do certain
> things manually. Technology often fails. :)

It's true that it's quite disturbing to speak while you drive. But I found
it even more disturbing to hear your phone ring, and not be able to answer
it.
In this Bluetooth-way (or any other hands-free way) you'll be able to answer
the phone to tell the person in the other end of the line that you'll call
back later. (That is, if you can resist talking in the situation........)
Before I got this system which uses my cars stereo, I had a quite
rudimentary hands-free system, with a very little, very lousy speaker right
next to my ear. Now with the sound directed through the stereo I to my big
surprise discovered that using the phone while driving doesn't take away the
concentration from driving nearly as much as before.

/Peer