CompactFlash reading

Peer Bentzen peer.bentzen at tin.it
Mon Jan 27 06:54:52 PST 2003

Hello there!

Perhaps this is more of a System X question than a cube one, but perhaps
someone on the list can help me anyway:

I have an SCM CompactFlash card reader that I can't get to work. The green
"ready" light is on, and when I insert a card, there is a short flash of the
orange "access" light. And that's all. Nothing more happens. I tried to
restart with the card inserted. I have used Disk Utility, but it doesn't
show up there either.

First of all I thought it was no longer necessary with drivers for those
things.

I then went to SCM's website and downloaded and installed what I did find of
drivers.
I even went to other manufacturer's sites to see if I could find anything
there.
I looked on the Mac OS X Hints site, with no result.

The reader has worked flawlessly in the past, I have to say.
I don't have Sys 9 installed anymore, so I cant check it that way.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Best wishes
Peer