[CUBE] New macs & processor upgrades

Michael McPherson mcph at mac.com
Tue Jan 28 22:02:03 PST 2003

I got my stock 450 cube a few weeks ago.  For most of what I do, the
performance is excellent (with only a few exceptions...multitasking
is poor when ripping CD's from itunes, for example).  I switched from
a 1.4 GHz Athlon T-bird system running win2k.  For 95% of what I do,
the 450 MHz G4 is more than enough power.  When I can afford it, I'll
definitely go with one of the powerlogix or sonnet upgrades.  To more
than double the performance of my cube for a few hundred dollars will
make me a very happy camper.  Especially with the rumors of the IBM
chips making it out before the end of the year.  I'd much rather wait
for that since I'm happy with my cube's performance.  Of course...now
that the 23" HD CinemaDisplays are reasonably priced
...must...keep....hands....off....credit....card

;)