[CUBE] Monitor Prices

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Wed Jan 29 17:30:11 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 04:13  PM, Rod Clifford wrote:

> OK-No one noticed but me? How is it economically feasible to drop a
> $3000 monitor to $1999?

Because Apple was making a fortune on the old price.

> And a $300 cut on the 17"? LCD manufacturing technology has made a
> quantum leap forward or is Apple
> just trying to move "units" to make some dough?

Other 17" LCDs are available for less than $500

>  Some one has to be loosing their keister (sp?) on this.

Not Apple.

> Also, from a cynical point of view-does the selling of iLife in its
> own stand-alone packaging mean iTunes,
> iPhoto (and all other eyes) will not be included in the next "gotta
> buy it" upgrade (for $129.00)?

iTunes 3.0.1 (now), iMovie 3 and iPhoto 2 are FREE downloads beginning
Friday or Saturday. You are only buying iDVD 3 in the iLife box. iDVD 3
is on a DVD-ROM and is a 2.25 GB install. The other Three FREE programs
are in the box on one CD-ROM.