Price protection: was Re: [CUBE] New 20" Display

Frank French moutard at mac.com
Fri Jan 31 06:42:33 PST 2003

Jesse wrote:

> HA! My employer bought *10* of them last week (along with G4 towers).
> That's 15 g's he left at the table.
>
> When I showed him the new pricing this morning......he didn't say
> anything.
>

> jesse

Most Apple dealers can apply for price protection within a certain period of
time. Where I work they ended up give a customer a thousand dollars back.
Now they're probably eating 500 of that on the G4 as price protection
doesn't work on discontinued product but as a customer it doesn't hurt to
ask.

I always wonder why Apple does this? Must really piss off tons of people.
The sales guys where I work won't try to sell Apple as there's no money in
it for them. The margin of profit on Apple stuff is small where they can
make lots of money selling some PC box, even a brand name PC box. More
shooting self in foot from Apple.
  Living well really is the best revenge.

Frank