[CUBE] iDVD w/ External DVD-RW Drive?

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Jan 31 20:09:58 PST 2003

I couldn't disagree more, David. What you suggest involves giving up
the silence of the Cube. My Cube is on the floor out of sight and
silent. It doesn't matter if it's out of its core. And it is dead
silent. I am certainly not going to give up my silent Cube for a noisy
PowerMac. I have one of those already and the fan sound (even my quiet
one) is a nuisance.

Option 1 you list costs $500.
Option 2 you list costs $300 and won't work.
Option 3 which I explain below costs $200 and three short two by fours.

If it's all about what your Cube looks like you are right and you will
pay more to get that solution soon. If you want to run iDVD 3 tomorrow,
Option 3 is available immediately and the least expensive and immediate
solution. How does Option 3 "defeat the purpose of the Cube"? The Cube
remains silent and cool. You have the added benefit of the DVR-105 and
iDVD 3. I don't see the downside excepting the appearance which I
consider to be irrelevant. It's a matter of personal taste.