[CUBE] Geforce 4mx

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Thu Jul 3 07:39:29 PDT 2003

> I noticed someone in the group mentioned that a Geforce 4MX might work
> in the cube.  Has anyone successfully done this? If so, any temp
> readings? I've got an mac geforce 4mx card I would like to try but
> would like to reap the benefit of others experience if possible.

4MX will work, but you would need to move the DC board and probably to
chip a bit of the card at the top. You would also need to modify the
bottom bracket. I also have one of these cards lying around, but I
don't think its performance justifies the trouble needed to put that
thing inside.
I think one Cube owner did put it in, but I can't remember if it was
reported here on on cubeowner forums.
As for the cooling, it _might_ work without a fan, but that would be
pushing the luck.