Strange HD problem

Francisco Romero fromero at exora.com
Sat Jul 12 08:07:23 PDT 2003

Hello all!

Well, finally I think that my cube is giving up! I suspect that it is
the DC/DC Board.

The problem is that most of the time, that hard drive (OEM Maxtor20 GB)
and the CD ROM (OEM CD/DVD) will loose power suddenly, sometimes
recovering it after a series of clicks from the HD, but loosing it
again after few mins. It is like it goes to sleep, but just the drives.
I have checked the power gasket (it's OK) and it has a 15' apple
display which is working OK. I have opened it twice and reseated the
board both times, to no avail.

Anyone has had this problem before? Where could I find a new DC board?

Thanks a lot!

Francisco Romero
Francisco Romero                     fromero at exora.com
Director 			            Tel:  +58-212-959-4003
Exora Consultores                Fax: +58-212-959-7005