loudness of USB speakers

Philippe Ciaravola vola at cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 17 06:09:02 PDT 2003

The USB speakers that came with my Cube have never been very
loud, even on the maximum volume setting.  Most of the time it is
acceptable, however, when there is enough background noise (for
example when the A/C in my office is on), I wish I could make them
louder.  Is this a normal shortcoming or could there be a problem
with my configuration.

I'm running 10.2.6 (sonnet 1.2Ghz, 768MB RAM, 60GB HD). BTW I
love the sonnet 1.2Ghz; it was easy to install, the fan can hardly be
heard, and I have not had a single a glitch since the install (about 2
months).

Thanks for your help,

Phil