[CUBE] loudness of USB speakers

JKnapp915 at aol.com JKnapp915 at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 06:18:52 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/17/03 7:09:28 AM, vola at cs.mcgill.ca writes:

<< The USB speakers that came with my Cube have never been very
loud, even on the maximum volume setting.  Most of the time it is
acceptable, however, when there is enough background noise (for
example when the A/C in my office is on), I wish I could make them
louder.  Is this a normal shortcoming or could there be a problem
with my configuration.

I don't think that there's anything wrong; mine aren't very loud either.  You
can hear clearly when you are close to the computer, but not when you leave
the room.  I think you would have to go to speakers with their own separate
power supply to get more volume.  I really like the sound quality, however...the
combination of CD--->Computer___>speaker is superior to my big speakers driven
by the receiver/amp.
Jack