[CUBE] G5 Upgrades In G4 Macs WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Mon Jul 28 10:19:37 PDT 2003

I apologize for sounding too harsh Laurie. I did go over the top - what
else is new?

Michael, it is technically not possible. It's not about the market.
It's about engineering. G5 processors will never work with G4
motherboards. It is technically impossible for that to happen. This
subject has been covered in technical journals already. I can't site a
link. But I read in one of the engineering sites that it is physically
not a match. I believe it has something to do with bus incompatibility
among other things.

The bottom line is it can't be done.

kunga10 (AIM)
kunga47 (Yahoo Messenger with Cross-Platform dial-up Video sans audio)