[CUBE] Dual-head GeForce 2MX with two ADC-displays?

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Mon Jun 2 08:09:26 PDT 2003

On 2003-06-02 16:56, hofman at imv.au.dk wrote:

> I have been offered a dual head GeForce 2MX graphic card, that I want to fit
> in my Cube. I see that it is possible to attach one ADC Display and one
> VGA-display to the graphic card. I guess the dual-head 2MX card fits in the
> Cube.

It does, indeed.

> [Two ADC Displays on this card?]
> Is it possible to attach two ADC Displays, by using an adapter for the
> VGA-port on the card? This will of course mean that the ADC Display will be
> running in "analog mode" but I guess that will be ok.

That is possible. Gefen produce such a device:
<http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=1301>

> [Lowering the performance with two displays, one of them very large?]
> How about performance? I am currently running with a 15" Studio Display (ADC)
> on a GeForce 2MX graphic card. Will the performance equal the existing if I
> attach a 20" Studio Display AND the 15" Studio Display to the new graphics
> card?

Equal the performance you're getting now? At some tasks, perhaps. But
driving such an amount of real estate will require more from the GPU,
therefore you might experience performance degradation in GPU-intensive
tasks. Whether or not that's acceptable, only you can decide.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
011110010110111101110101