[CUBE] Anyone try a larger drive than 120 GB in a cube?

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jun 8 17:35:58 PDT 2003

Sorry Joost, you are mistaken. Your friend is right Nic. I just
installed a 250 GB WD 7200 RPM HD with 8MB buffer divided into 4
partitions of 20 GB for X, 17.67 GB for 9 (minimum allowed on this
monster), 67 GB and 127.57 GB and they are all there. Thank God I
bought that dual 867. I knew it would be good for something.

The trick is you have to set it up on a Mac that has an ATA/100 bus
somewhere on it (native or via PCI card). I am so excited. I now have
233 GB (net) of space INSIDE my Cube. Wow! That means I can put the
other one outside on my external IDE cable and have 466 GB (net) of
space. My optical is in a FW case. Whoopie!

Kunga

<http://www.ipod-zone.com>
<http://www.cube-zone.com>
<http://www.apple-zone.com>