[CUBE] Anyone try a larger drive than 120 GB in a cube?

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jun 8 18:59:25 PDT 2003

Not unless it's an Oxford 922 ATA/100 FW case, a fairly new model. I
think there were Oxford 911 ATA/100 FW cases to begin with from ADS
that could see big drives. Lots of sources are still selling Oxford 911
ATA/66 cases that can't see beyond 128 GB. But if you can find a friend
who has any Mac with a PCI bus, you can put an ATA/100 PCI card in
there for $75 and get your bigger HD partitioned as needed. but I've
seen the aforementioned FW case for sale for as little as $56 on the
web.

This explains why I was able to format and partition a 200 GB WD drive
last week and then put it in my ADS Oxford 911 ATA/66 FW case and see
it all.

On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 06:43  PM, Tobias Leung wrote:

> Is is possible to do the formatting in a firewire case and then
> transfer it to a cube?
>
> -toby

Kunga

<http://www.ipod-zone.com>