[CUBE] [OT] Collectable computers (was: Would you believe 8 fans?!)

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Mon Jun 9 00:36:07 PDT 2003

>> a NeXTstation Turbo Color, a NeXT Turbo Dimension Cube, a NeXT
>> Dimension Cube,
>> [...]
>
> Damn. I hate you. ;-)
>
> NeXT's are hard to come by in Europe. Let me rephrase that: NeXT's are
> NeXT
> to impossible to come by in Europe. Damn shame. And shipping on a Cube
> is
> enough to make buying one from the US a costly option, too. Damn.

A while ago there was a NeXT cube on US ebay with monitor, NeXT black
laser printer (yes, the talking one!), and 30 kilos of documentation
and software for $350. Damn.

>> 1 Commodore 128D,
>
> I loved those. Had a 128 back when it was the newest thing. Now I have
> three of them... And a stack of 64's. I should stop buying them, but I
> can
> never resist picking one (or two) up from street sales. At 2.50 euros a
> piece, who could?

I'm seriously into retro stuff ;)
BBC model B
Commodore 116
Commodore 128D
Commodore CDTV
Atari 65XE
Apple IIc
Atari 800 (not XL!)
Atari 1200XL
Sinclair QL
Thomson MO9
Philips P2000C - my favorite portable,
http://members.chello.nl/jakottma/philips2000C.htm ;))))
Philips VG8010
Apple II
No-name Apple II compatible
...a a number of things i forgot...still a long way to go, I got to get
all those UK and MSX machines ;)