[CUBE] trouble with external floppy drive w/ my cube

JKnapp915 at aol.com JKnapp915 at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 18:13:21 PDT 2003

In a message dated 6/11/03 10:08:31 AM, jj4 at sympatico.ca writes:

<< More probable is that your old floppies have erased themselves over
time causing corruptions and fatal errors in the files.  That would
make them un-readable by any app.  You can check this on an older
machine with an internal floppy before you do anything else to try to
recover them.

Try Nortons or any other file checking utility on them.  You really
have nothing to lose as there seems to be nothing there now.

Sounds good; but there is something there.  I can see the icons and labels,
and some of the text files *did* copy.
It's just frustrating that Apple changed its OS to X and so many nice
features got dumped while they were adding the new features.  Personally, a stable,
multitasking platform that looked like OS 9 with maybe a few new features would
have suited me fine.
Jack the Reactionary