[CUBE] OT: tool for tightening the iMac 'neck' joints

Trev Copland trev at trev.com
Sat Jun 14 22:16:10 PDT 2003

The thing you're talking about has three holes in a triangular pattern.
This, however, is not the correct tool. There is no such tool. The only
adjustment that can be made to the display is done by tightening some
screws under the panel. I wouldn't try to fix this yourself, though, as
you're likely to end up loosening the screws so it'll always tip. Never
the less,  this only helps if the display is tipping to a particular
side, not if it "sags." The neck should be replaced under your
warranty, however, depending on the severity of the problem. If it is
outside though, it'll be expensive - replacing the neck requires that
every component of the machine be stripped off. Nothing is more labor
intensive on an iMac.

As a side not that every FP iMac owner should know, DO NOT OPEN THE
BOTTOM past the RAM access plate (shiny disc with the Apple logo on
it). The machine dissipates head through the metal cage inside of the
base. If you don't put everything together with a new layer of
conductive goop, you'll be in trouble.

First post to the list, by the way - I've been reading in the wings for
some time. I just got another Cube, having sold my original beauty a
while ago (sadly). She's running as by web server and looking beautiful
at the same time.

Have a look at www.screwfix.com
And enter the lookup code
18983
This should bring up a security bit set, click on the photo the two
prong
bits are are the back of the right hand row.

Are these the ones?

JG

Ps I have a set here and they are VERY useful!

You can take the ecu off a Lotus Elise with these!
;-)))