[CUBE] OS9 driver for Radeon 7500

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Wed Jun 18 11:11:39 PDT 2003

Since I have the 7500 installed in my Cube, let's compare Extensions.
My OS 9.2.2 Extensions folder has 8 ATI drivers in it. Is that your
number? Here's what they're called:

ATI 3D Accelerator Version 5.0.4 date 3.28.01
ATI Driver Update Version 2.1.3 date 4.17.02
ATI Graphics Accelerator Version 5.5.8 date 3.29.02
ATI MPP Manager Final Cut Pro Plugin File Version 1.2 date 5.31.00
ATI Radeon 3D Accelerator Final Cut Pro Plugin File Version 6.4.2 date
4.17.02
ATI Rage 128 3D Accelerator Final Cut Pro Plugin File Version 6.4.2
date 4.17.02
ATI Resource Manager Final Cut Pro Plugin File Version 3.1.2 date
4.17.02
ATI Video Accelerator Version 4.8.7 date 3.29.02

On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 02:40  AM, Joakim Skog wrote:

> Since I upgraded my Cube with Radeon 7500 i get the feeling that the
> graphics in OS9 is acutally a little bit slower than with ATI Rage Pro
> 128.
> In OS X it works just great, but in OS9 the windows redraws from top to
> bottom when I drag them a bit and the drops them.
>
> I haven't been able to find any 7500 specific drivers on apple.com. Are
> there any? What kind of drivers should I have in my extensions folder?
> guess I can disable ATI Rage Pro, but should I keep ATI Radeon? Does
> that
> extension contain information for the 7500 as well?

"iPod Car Stereo AUX-In Accessory Beats FM Transmitters Hands Down"
<http://www.ipod-zone.com>
"iChatStatus Adds iTunes Song Playing To Your Buddy ID "
<http://www.osx-zone.com>
"T-Minus 1 Week And Counting" <http://www.apple-zone.com>