[CUBE] ADC display on Powerlogix upgraded cube?

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Wed Jun 25 19:09:55 PDT 2003

Gregory P. Perez wrote:
> Hey list:
>
> I'm thinking of buying an Apple Studio display 17" ADC monitor for my cube.
> But I'm afraid of the affect this display will have on my DC/DC board.
> Does anyone have info on how this display will effect my cube?
>
> I know the ADC monitors get all of their power from the cube and since this
> cube is already upgraded with a cpu upgrade, will this fry my DC board?
>
> I have a 800Mhz powerlogix upgraded cube (1.5GB RAM, 100GB HD, nVidia
> GeForce 2MX (32 MB, Apple OEM upgrade card, VGA & ADC supported ).
>
> Thanks.
> Greg

The ADC display draws it's power straight through the power brick
on the floor.  It does not go through the DC/DC module.

I've got a 22" ADC display along with a 7200rpm 80Gig disk, 1.25Gigs of
ram, and the Powerlogic 1.2Ghz CPU.  Also upgraded from the ATI 128 Rage
to the ATI Radeon (with it's own fan).  No heat problems, no sleep
problems.

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator