Heat-whacked Cube prob

Gnarlodious gnarlodious at mac.com
Sun Jun 29 08:50:45 PDT 2003

Well, I shut it off overnight and the next morning it was fine. Ambient
temperature was 56  F degrees. This never happened before in hot summers
past.

When the Cube gets in the super-slow mode rebooting into CD or another
partition doesn't speed it up. Also, booting into Firewire Disk Mode shows
the Firewire screen as normal but no Cube disks show in the host machine!

Apparently letting the Cube cool down  for a while during the day doesn't
help, but the overnight 56 degree cooldown did.

This sounds to me like a hardware malfunction, what typically happens to the
Cube when it overheats?

--

Better to be thought a fool and lurk, than to post and remove all doubt.