[CUBE] Heat-whacked Cube prob

JKnapp915 at aol.com JKnapp915 at aol.com
Sun Jun 29 16:28:37 PDT 2003

In a message dated 6/29/03 9:51:14 AM, gnarlodious at mac.com writes:

<< Apparently letting the Cube cool down  for a while during the day doesn't
help, but the overnight 56 degree cooldown did. >>

I ran into something similar.  I had been leaving the cube in "sleep" mode,
then shortly after restarting it started displaying slow speed and ignoring
some commands/inputs.  Shutting it down for a while fixed that.
Something else; if you're trying to rip a defective or scratched disk, that
appears to soak up all the computating ability while the poor machine is trying
to make sense of nonsense.  Eject the disk and things suddently speed up.
Jack