[CUBE] Huge hard drive!

J J jj4 at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 3 17:09:17 PST 2003

Are you trying to break his balls or what?.
Install your bg HD and start the computer. It will
then tell you it cannot find a disk with a system
on it. Kindly insert your OS disk into the CD
drive and let it boot. Install your OS.

It is better to reinstall all your crap fresh and
just move your data back in at the end. Now if for
some reason your old system appeals to you more at
the end you can start up from a CD and reformat
the 120 and clone off the 20 gig. Everything below
will work but it is alot of trouble for no special
gain.

Good luck.

jj

Get CarbonCopyCloner, its free.
put the 120 into your fw drive enclosure.
clone your cube drive to the 120,
put the 120 in the cube and boot up.

anders

On Monday, March 3, 2003, at 01:27  PM, Meirion
Roscoe wrote:

  > OK, I've finally received my western digital
120GB hard drive with 8MB
  > cache.  Now if only I could work out how to
change it over!  I realise
  > that the cube zone must have a Gucci set of
pictures with how to whip
  > the old one out etc.  But......
  > I have a 20Gb firewire drive to move my files
to whilst the exchange
  > goes on , but how do I then boot up the new
drive if it has no OS on
  > it?  I know I can use my firewire drive in TGT
disk mode but if the
  > new drive has no OS on it, how's it all going
to work.  Doh, my head