what's the drill again? New HD...

Matthew Herrebout mherrebout at real.com
Tue Mar 11 15:54:03 PST 2003

Got a Seagate 2MB 120GB. What's a good way to copy over data?

a) CCC entire current drive (30GB) to 120, re-install OS X.2, update to
latest OS version?

b) install OS X.2 clean on 120, update to latest OS version, painstakingly
copy necessary Mail, prefs, etc over?

The point of this post --> Is there a painless way to copy data so that the
new drive has all my users, files, preferences on it, yet has a nice clean
updated OS? I'm so-so at command line and want to avoid Permissions Hell,
Users Hell and Invisible Files Hell.

I have an external FW case to put the new drive in.

Thanks
Matthew