GeForce 2MX with tower heatsink fails

Sergei Zak mancubus at macbox.ru
Wed Mar 12 04:45:44 PST 2003

My GeForce 2MX from a tower with the small original heatsink now gives out
blurry and bleak colors. (VGA connector) I replaced it with the original
Rage 128 Pro card. So this is a warning - such cards may live as short as
6-8 months till they fail. I could not remove the heatsink when I was
installing it into my Cube - the glue was just too hard, even frozen. :(
I cannot check if the ADC connector works fine, though, as I don't have an
Apple monitor. Maybe it's just the VGA output circuitry gone degraded from
the internal heat. Damn the glue!
--
Size matters.
Xserve™ from Apple.