[CUBE] Cube on Linux!

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Thu Mar 13 05:34:30 PST 2003

On 2003-03-13 14:19, J.C. Webber III wrote:

> Joost van de Griek wrote:
>> On 2003-03-12 15:26, John Allan wrote:
>>
>>> What weirdness do you need to do to get YDL or is there another better
>>> Linux, to run in a Cube?
>>
>> Linux, bah...
>>
>>> I tired YDL but either the LCD did not seem to light up or else I got board
>>> waiting for it to unpeel itself.
>>>
>>> Do I really want to try what with 10.2 now?
>>
>> If you want to try an "alternative" OS on a Mac, at least choose a proper OS,
>> like NetBSD.
>>
>> *runs off to seek shelter against the usual flames from Linux weenies*
>
> Weenies...WEENIES??!?!  It takes considerably more computer skill/expertise to
> operate/administer a linux box than a Mac.  That's a good thing for the Mac
> platform, but it certainly does NOT make linux users *weenies*!

See? Told you so.

Now, notice that I never implied anything about the skills or expertise
required to operate or administer Linux as opposed to the Mac OS.

If you insist on not reading my post past "Linux, bah..", and flying off the
handle after that, ripping on the archetypical "dumb Mac user", fine. Thanks
for once again confirming me in my opinion that Linux is far more
interesting as a sociological phenomenon than as an OS.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world:
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.