[CUBE] PowerLogix 1.2, bad news

Doug Wambold dewambold at enter.net
Sun Mar 16 14:09:23 PST 2003

I had a similar experience with the Powerlogix 233 1.2 GHz card.
Initially, the upgrade worked very well, delivering truly impressive
performance.  Shutdowns and reboots caused no problems until this
morning.  Pressing the power button lit the various LEDs and started
the fan  However the light in the power button immediately went out,
and the Cube failed to boot.  LEDs and fan remained on, LCD panel
remained black, and no start up chime was annunciated.  None of the
usual reboot, PRAM zap, motherboard reset switch fixes corrected the
problem.  Complete disassembly and reassembly yielded the same result.
However, upon reinstallation of the original 450 MHz processor, the
cube worked flawlessly again.

It is a mystery.

Doug Wambold