[CUBE] Terminal quits!

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Tue Mar 18 12:35:53 PST 2003

On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 06:28 PM, a l a n t h o m p s o n wrote:

> can you open the console?  do you get the automatic console opening to
> be able to see why?
>
> to view your log files, which i normally would use terminal for,
> there's a gui log viewer util for os x.  it's called log master.
> search for it on version tracker.
>
> this /may/ let you view your /var/log/system.log file - it will let
> you view it all you like - the /may/ part is that the system.log file
> may contain nothing of value in helping you to solve your problem.

I was so pissed at the time that I just posted the message as soon as I
discovered the problem :) The terminal for another user worked fine, so
I've started deleting all the various crap in ~/Library/Preferences
(Terminal prefs were not the culprit though), repaired permissions,
fscked the disk, and eventually the things were back to normal.