[CUBE] Cube Fire

Sean Terrill a10t2 at mac.com
Wed Mar 26 08:46:49 PST 2003

Quoth Riba (riba at hi.hinet.hr) at 3/26/03 11:41:

> I don;t think that there is anything
> wrong with monitor or your graphic card - it is just that connecting
> ADC monitor overloaded the DC card for some reason. Of course, there
> are a lot of cube users running ADC displays/processor upgrades and
> such without problems but I guess you never know.
> This made me step back and reconsider the purchase of a new LCD for my
> cube at least not until i find a source for a spare DC board in case
> something goes wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 28V supply for the ADC port bypass
the DC-DC board? IIRC, the DC-DC board is only used to step it down to lower
voltages for the Cube's electronics.

Sean Terrill
a10t2 at mac.com
http://a10t2.cjb.net
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not
to think at all." - Hypatia