[CUBE] Recommendations for hard disk

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 30 18:30:21 PST 2003

You will get lots of recommendations on this. For my cents, I'd
recommend the 80 GB Seagate Barracuda IV. It's cheap, fast, extremely
quiet and I've used it for months without problem in a Cube with a hot
GeForce3 video card and an 800 MHz then a 1.2 GHz G4 CPU upgrade from
PowerLogix.

You can get much larger ones for much more money but unless you do
video or images professionally or have a huge MP3 collection, 80 GB
should prove to be more than enough. I barely use over 30 per cent of
mine.

I got another to serve as a backup drive for my PowerBook recently for
only $98 from newegg.com thanks to a note from a list member, Jesse.