iDVD 2 Freezer.

Ivan Melicoff ivan at bbx.com.mx
Fri May 2 10:33:13 PDT 2003

Hey, has anyone had any problems with iDVD 2?

 I've had a recurring problems because the resulting DVD freezes my DVD
player during playback. I get "snow" like with bad reception and then
picture starts freezing and then total stop and a continuous tone like a
buzzer. That has happened with two DVDs and I have no idea of what happened.

Also, I can't make a DVD of 1 straight hour of video, I have to break it up
in chunks of less than 14 minutes so as not to have trouble during burning
and playback in a regular DVD player. And also, I have to keep my DVDs total
content about 56 minutes long at the most to avoid problems during burning.

The DVD players that have frozen/crashed are Pioneer, Onkyo, Sony, Apex
(doesn't play at all), DVD player in a Dual 1Ghz Tower OS X 10.2.5, DVD
player in a Cube 450mhz OS 9, and DVD player in a Dual 500mhz Tower OS 9 and
X 10.2.

These were old 8mm films that I captured to my Mac with a XL1-S into Final
Cut Pro 3 and then put into iDVD 2 as Final Cut Pro Movies. I have made
about 4 other DVDs in the same manner and had no problems at all. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Ivan