[CUBE] itunes 4-Where to now?

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri May 2 10:50:18 PDT 2003

Yes but a 128kbps AAC rip sounds BETTER than a 192kbps MP3 rip to my
ears. Check it out. I don't hear how you are going to gain anything by
ripping AAC files larger than 128kbps. But that's just my old
ears/brain writing.

I think what is most amazing to my ears/brain is that a ripped 128kbps
AAC file from a 192kbps MP3 source file sounds as good as or BETTER
than the original. How the hell is that possible? Are my ears fooling
me with Dolby's magic formula or what? Or is it just a placebo effect —
part of Steve's Reality Distortion Field?

I must say that I am fully converted to the idea that AAC files SOUND
BETTER than MP3 files. I plan on re-ripping all of my CDs into the AAC
format because of this discovery.