Noise level of 3 Hard Drives Compared - Maxtor rules!

Tom Kuhn tkyoyos at pacbell.net
Sun May 4 14:06:08 PDT 2003

My cube came with a 20 GB Maxtor. It was totally silent. Replaced it with a
Seagate Barracuda and it has an annoyingly loud hum that I have begrudgingly
accepted. If I tilt the cube back at 45 degree angle and lean it on the wall
(to get it off the desk) then it the hum is mitigated. Next I for a backup
drive, I bought an external Western Digital 120 GB which was quieter than
the Seagate, but still somewhat noisy.  My newest acquisition is a 250 GB
MAXTOR which is also virtually silent. Amazing! End of story.

Tom Kuhn

As we "YO" we Grow
tomkuhn.com