cheap ram modules?

Alex Chiang achiang at nyx.net
Tue May 6 14:51:05 PDT 2003

Hello,

So after a few days of searching, I can't seem to figure out the
answer to my question.

The difference in price for a 512MB ram module for x86 vs. cube
is about 2x ($33 vs $75). I've read some FAQs and the Apple
knowledge base, and it seems like the memory marketed for x86 is
electrically compatible.

The Apple KB indicates that the memory must not have a height
greater than 35 mm. Unfortunately, most cheap ram vendors don't
display the dimensions of the dimms.

My question: has anyone successfully installed cheap x86 ram in
your cube? If so, from where did you purchase it, and how much?

Thanks.

/Alex